Monday, June 4, 2012

And Yet Another Weekend Recap

This past weekend was yet another family adventure but this time we packed up and headed for Savannah to see my nephew Daniel and his wife graduate from SCAD, and their new baby Lilly get christened. If you ever want to feel a) inspired or b) inept go to an art school graduation. The talent is unbelievable! From furniture to fashion...amazing design was everywhere and we as a family could not be more proud. There was a lot of  togetherness, silliness, and just plain insanity:


Brian felt the need to stand on his head


The christening was at The Cathedral of St. John the Baptist in downtown Savannah and this church was like nothing I have ever seen. It was built in the 1700's and the detail, colors, and architecture were mind blowing:





This is the inside of the baptismal font




And the star of the show:

Lilly

Now that I am back, family has left, and the house is back in order, it's time to get back to what I love and that's finding amazing stuff and Lord knows...trying to start a business!

P.S.

I'm still in total denial of my baby leaving for college and refuse to start purchasing things for this dorm room.

3 comments:

  1. I'm ready to start decorating the dorm room. Let's get on it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fabulous weekend!! Weird fact: I got a scholarship to SCAD even though I never applied and don't have any artistic ability. Seriously still don't know how it happened. Anyway, I'm sure I would just stand in awe of all the talent there. Mind-blowing. And that cathedral is amazing. I was raised Catholic but our little cathedral in Memphis had nothing on this one. Wow. I would be in denial too about the dorm room. Ostrich - head in the sand.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is such a gorgeous cathedral...and I'm not even a follower. Fun weekend, and dorm shopping? FUN...hard, I understand, but wheeeeee!

    ReplyDelete