Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Bedroom Inspiration

One of my finds at the flea market was this amazing framed print:




She was going in my upcoming sale in July but my daughter saw it and claimed it hers. I was secretly thrilled because she never likes anything I bring home.
She has been jones'n for an apartment next semester and wants this to be her inspiration for her bedroom.
This plan is fine with us because between dorm and meal plan, we are about to be broke.

So we played around with color's and a concept and here is what we came up with:




Obviously this entire room will be resourced from Goodwill, flea markets, and junk shops but I am definitely up for the challenge.
I'm thrilled she is finally embracing the idea of designing a room around a vintage item and that a piece of art speaks to her.
I knew my DNA was in there somewhere.

1 comment:

  1. Yep, it's the itch to decorate is definitely a genetic thing. I still remember my mom planning my first dorm room. She was appalled when my roomate arrive with a tattered sarape blanket and a Donald Trump poster. :) I love your concept!!!

    ReplyDelete