Thursday, October 3, 2013

Really Great Real Estate



I think if I hadn't become a nurse a million years ago, I would have been a real estate agent.

Who doesn't love going through other people's homes...physically or virtually?

I don't know if it is because I grew up in a mid century modern home with my grandmother's house next door built in the traditional Japanese architecture, but I am so curious when a house goes on the market that is architecturally interesting.
 
Don't get me wrong...there is something comforting about traditional architecture. I live in a very "traditional"style home now and have funked it up inside but when I see a good ranch from the 60's, I am immediately drawn to it.
Let's face it...they are rare and here are usually deemed a tear down.
 
So I am going to start a segment called Really Great Real Estate to honor these architectural gems and hopefully people will want to celebrate good design...not knock it down to build a McMansion.

Maybe these realtors will share their commission with me if it sells :)

Welcome to 612 Hillwood Blvd. Nashville, Tn
$489,850




Bedrooms: 4
Full bathrooms: 3
Half bathrooms: 1
Total square feet: 3,377
Year built: 1965
Lot size: 164 X 401 (1.420 acres)
Garage:
Basement: None
Outdoor spaces:
Patio

Driveway: Concrete
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Clearly this is a time capsule. Do they even sell pink toilets in any more? Love the marble floors, beams, windows, and the red fireplace.
 
I hope someone will give 612 Hillwood some love and not a wrecking ball.

2 comments: