Tuesday, September 18, 2012

I'm Insane For...

I am insane for many things. To list a few items, here are my top 5:


1. LSU football
2. flea markets
3. dogs
4. design
5. books


Bet you weren't expecting books to be in my top 5 but I am obsessed with reading.

I will be halfway through a book and am already researching what I will read next. I don't own a Kindle or a Nook. I like to hold, smell and touch a book. I like to fill bookcases till they are overflowing. I still have every Nancy Drew ever written and they are proudly hanging out next to "To Kill A Mockingbird".

One day I will have a room that looks like this:





or dine in a room that is like this:
t



I would not have a problem filling this bad boy up:


You get my point.

 So without further ado, I want to tell you about a book that is rocking my world right now. No, it is not Fifty Shades of Gray, it is "Gone Girl" by Gillian Flynn. This is such a time suck! I barely get anything done because I can't put this down. Put simply, it is the story of two thirty somethings grappling with the disillusionment of a shoddy 5 yr. marriage. Throw in boredom, selfishness, loss of careers, and many twists and turns and you get the perfect book. 





So do yourself a huge favor, get off pinterest and READ!

5 comments:

  1. OMG, couldn't agree more! I read this book in 2 days! It is SO good!! I actually went out and bought her first two books but haven't started them yet. I have a love/hate relationship because once I start, I can't stop and then get nothing else accomplished. I even get irritated when I have to fix food for my family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh no! I am the same. Once I start, I can't stop! Definitely going to check this book out. Thanks for the tip!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I read this book in one day as well - loved it! I also have been an obsessive reader since I was a child and love these rooms - but since I got my kindle four or five years ago I am now obsessed with paring down and not have tons of stuff everywhere - so it is very helpful if you read books quickly and then they sit around collecting dust!
    xoxo -e (modern24seven)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Agree, my neighbor was in the alley momentarily to check on the kids playing and holding her iPad saying that she had to rush back in to keep reading this book.
    I downloaded that night and read it in two days! It was my first time reading a book on my iPad...have been reading every day since.
    Just downloaded the kindle app and am hooked up to now check out books from the library. I just didn't get to the library enough and this has gotten me back to reading.
    Although I just visited the Richland library yesterday and think i could spend some time there before picking up kids from school!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm a loser. I don't read enough. I have a patience problem :)

    ReplyDelete