Tuesday, November 6, 2012

I Just Realized I'm Old

This past weekend was a reality check.

Friday we drove to Louisiana, picked up Emily from school, and headed to BR for the LSU/Bama game. We always stay at our best friends house and behaved relatively well that night.
 
Saturday morning came and the cooking started.






Drooling yet?

Those my friends are crawfish pies.

Here is the recipe:

 
Pat Johnson's Crawfish Pies


1 Tbs olive oil
1 med onion
1 med bellpepper
1 bunch of green onions
1 Tbs parsley
3 Tbs minced garlic
1 lb crawfish tails
1 pint whipping cream
9 cups mild cheddar cheese
3 Tsp oregano
1/2 Tsp thyme
1/2 Tsp salt
1/2 Tsp black pepper
1/2 Tsp cayenne pepper
1 Tsp La hot sauce
24 small tart shells
2 Tbs flour

Keep tart shells in freezer until called for in recipe. Shred crawfish tails (retain fat) with knife. Chop onion, bell pepper, green onions, and parsley. Sautee them in olive oil until soft. Add oregano, thyme, salt, black pepper, and cayenne. Add garlic. Add crawfish and sautee 5 min. Add whipping cream, simmer about 10 min. Increase heat and add 3 cups of cheese, stirring constantly. Add flour if necessary so that it is not in liquid state. Spoon mixture into shells and top off with more cheese. Bake at 350 degrees for about 10-15 min.

So Ann made those and Randy made black eye pea jambalaya.

Needless to say we ate well that day.

The ride to campus was challenging since we had 10 people to fit into a suburban:




There were 3 in the front, 4 in the middle (that's Em laying across us), and 3 in the third seat.

Thank God we are all close friends.








The campus was packed. Here is a pick of tailgate parties around us:




That is an ice luge shot dispenser. It is a block of ice with 2 grooves carved into it where the wonderful bartender pours you the shot of your choice.

I visited that a few times.


This tailgate party was nice enough to provide a pole for dancing options.

I did not participate in that.


We lost. We went to bed at 3am after consuming liquid therapy.

Home again and spent yesterday catching up...laundry, removal of pet hair and waiting for Housewives of Beverly Hills to come on.

4 comments:

  1. You're not old! I would've been passed out by 11 with all that liquid nourishment! I'm a lightweight. Sad but true. Looks like a blast!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh it's been way too long since I had a crawfish pie...yum!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A friend told me that she saw my photograph, taken with my Nikon, and published in my post of October 1, 2010, called “LaFayette Square and a wedding” in your post of June 4, 2012. My pictures are copyrighted and cannot be copied without my authorization. Please add to your post that this photo comes from my blog http://avagabonde.blogspot.com/ or delete it. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete