Monday, November 19, 2012

Overwhelmed And Thankful

I find it so interesting that you can one minute be cruising along, doing mundane ordinary shit and the next minute everything gets turned upside down.
That is what has happened here.
Super condensed version of story is I have both parents, who live in different states, ill and need immediate attention.
I am one person, my daughter is flying in for the holidays, and I just want to focus on that.

I just want to take this opportunity to thank my friends now and in advance, because I am going to REALLY rely on these girlfriends for support. Girlfriends are so key in my life and I have been blessed to have some of the most creative, intelligent and sympathetic women surrounding me.

I am thankful for a supportive and loving husband and am so blessed to be apart of this crazy clan of Crochet's. His family is truly the best.

So I have decided instead of getting bogged down in the negative, I will concentrate on the positive.
I have my family, my health, friends and am constantly amazed at the love that surrounds me every single day.
I am thankful.

6 comments:

  1. I am here for you always. This too shall pass! - Brandy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, Melissa, I'm so sorry you're going through this! Hugs to you. Please reach out if you need anything at all (even if that means a girls lunch away from it all for an hour). Take care & good for you for focusing on the positive this Thanksgiving.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So sorry to hear you're going through this, especially at the holidays. I'm glad you have a strong network of support; it truly makes all the difference. Wishing you peace and strength!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So sorry babe! Let me know what I can do...your great attitude is winning half the battle right there.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Life is like a vacuum, some times it sucks...some times it blows. It will get better.

    ReplyDelete
  6. take it easy - you are doing the best you can. Happy turkey day...
    xoxo -e (modern24seven)

    ReplyDelete