Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Walking and Talking

I have always valued friends, but ever since I have come back from "home" (taking Emily back to school), I realize how lucky I am.
No matter how long I have been gone, it is so wonderful and easy to slide right back in with old friends. With that being said, I was scrolling through blogs today and read Heather's blog Tatter and Fray. She always finds the most amazing things for next to nothing and one of her finds was a princess phone. If you are not old enough to know what that is, here ya go:



Source: etsy.com via Debbie on Pinterest
  

  I have been obsessed with rotary phones and every time I see one at the flea market I reach for it but don't pull the trigger. Partly because my family already thinks I am a whack job, but the other half is like..."Why should I buy this, I can't walk around from room to room and talk. That's annoying!" I'm a multitasker and the thought of not having the option to be mobile kills me. What's wrong with sitting and giving your friend 100% attention? Why do you need to cook, fold laundry and talk. Remember these days...
Source: ugo.com via Nuance on Pinterest
Source: hotflick.net via Mary on Pinterest


I wished I could have smoked in bed and talked on my princess phone! We should also talk about those lamps! Seriously amazing! Anyway...the point to this post is I will buy a rotary phone next flea market and I will stop cooking, folding laundry and peeing while I talk to a friend.

4 comments:

  1. Ha! You crack me up. I'll hold you to it as I'll probably be with you at the next flea (hopefully if the stupid weather behaves!). I agree that it's hard though. I always find myself loading/unloading my dishwasher while talking. It's weird.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Unfortunately we have been brainwashed to think we should multitask at all times. It's a habit I can't seem to break! - Brandy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this post! You know, you could always invest in one of those 90-foot long-ish spiral cords that people used before cordless phones. In the early 80s my fam had one that literally stretched all over the house. I used to walk the dog while talking on that thing. {PS: The lamps in that last photo. I'm speechless.}

    ReplyDelete
  4. We'll find you the best one ever!

    ReplyDelete