Friday, November 1, 2013

My Nemesis Is No More

You know those big stupid 2 story foyers that a lot of homes have?

The one's that on House Hunters the potential  buyers gush over and sometimes insist on?

Well, they are overrated.

They are hard to heat and cool and can pose design dilemmas.

I just happen to have one of these so called "architectural features" and it has been my nemesis.

Not to mention mine has a nail in the center that was left by the previous owners.




So what to do?

I could just leave it alone but it just doesn't feel right. It's to high to hang pictures, a mirror, or wallpaper.

The other day I was sitting in my husband's office staring at it and the idea came to me...fill the shit out of it with panels of molding.

Like this:



I made a deal with my husband that this would be my birthday present and Christmas for both of us and he agreed.

The dining room is involved in this make over as well and everything will get a coat of BM Simply White.


Here is where we are as of yesterday:







I can't wait to see paint on the walls!

I'm so glad my brain is still working...it just took 6 years to figure this out.

4 comments:

  1. OMG!!!! Totally the right move. Absolutely LOVE it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is such a classy solution. Not only did you decorate that problem area, but you've instantly added value to your home as well. Can't wait to see the final results!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks great! Sorry I'm so far behind.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Everybody does not purchase an expensive DSLR blur camera to capture/snap the auto blur image.
    But don’t worry we solve this problem freely. Our team makes a Blur BackgroundBlur Background - Blur image app for blurry photo.
    After using this Blur background Photo Editor App you will make your photos similar to like capture with a DSLR camera

    ReplyDelete