Tuesday, August 14, 2012

A Molding Question

So today is day 2 at the gym and day 1 of guest room redo. My question to you is...is it weird to paint your molding black in one room if the whole house has white molding?
I found some amazing deals today from various sources...aka Goodwill, TJ Maxx, and my own linen closet and I'm loving the direction this is going. So I came up with this idea of painting the moldings black but I am on the fence. Will this be a disconnected room to the whole house? Is there some rule that I'm not aware of? Do I say f it, I don't care, it's for guest and it should feel special?
I love the look but should it be all over and not in one stupid room?

HELP!






Talk amongst yourselves...

4 comments:

  1. Love it and all your examples! We actually have black molding in our man cave (God, I hate that term) downstairs but nowhere else. So, carry on! Can't wait to see your deals/scores. Don't keep us in the dark too long.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not aware of any rules either! I say go for it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't have any good advice, though the inspiration photos are gorgeous! I'm currently struggling with similar dilemma...I want to paint my interior doors black, but all my mouldings are white, and I just can't decide if it'll look weird. Hmm!

    ReplyDelete