Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Gnaughty Gnomes

Ever since I saw the gold garden gnome on  the Novogratz's show, I have always been on the look out for a gnome at either the GW or flea market to spray gold.




So tonight I was in Hobby Lobby with my son and there was a whole area dedicated to these creepy guys and they were 40% off. I had to do it.




And while doing "research" for this post, I came across these that are not creepy at all...they are actually really amazing:




These are made by an artist named Joe Velluto and were featured at Milan Design Week this month. He calls them "Baddies" and they are made with a luminous resin that absorbs light so at night they glow. I don't know why I can't get one of these at Hobby Lobby?


Another super cool gnome I found was this one:




Sorry...I couldn't help it.

2 comments:

  1. I love the Baddies, and I love a gold gnome...What's his name going to be?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh you know I want one of those glow in the dark Gnomies. Actually it would be fun to have several. Maybe I'll be the crazy Gnome lady. Can't wait to see yours!

    ReplyDelete