Tuesday, March 27, 2012

The Coffee Table Conundrum

I find styling coffee tables can be a bit of a challenge. You don't want it to bare but you also don't want it to cluttered. You want items to be interesting and meaningful but you also need a place to put your drink down and your feet up. In our house we have an immense love for books and literally every room has some stack or filled bookcase with a variety of reading material so I chose books as a starting point for my coffee table. Different levels add interest so I placed a brass Moroccan bowl to sit on top of one book and a lime green ceramic tray with a sculpture created by my grandmother on the other side. I am no expert by any means but I think between my purple Prince book and my grandmother's girl, I achieved a table that is not only a reflection of me, but a pretty interesting coffee table.








Here are some other styled coffee tables that I think hit the mark:
















5 comments:

  1. I love that you have Prince thrown in the mix with Kelly and Jonathan! And your styling looks great! I especially love your grandmother's sculpture - so special and unique. I find my coffee table a little difficult to style because of it's slender rectangular profile. I think squares are a lot better for styling purposes!

    P.S. - I like your suzani rug!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Prince book makes the table!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks great can you come style mine :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your grandma's sculpture! So unique. Thanks for stopping by my blog. I can't wait to explore yours. Following you now.

    ReplyDelete
  5. My fave is the green tray. The pics don't capture how amazing it is. I think I see a little drool on the edge there from the last time I saw it in person.

    ReplyDelete